Foster-Melliar Pty Ltd is strongly committed to protecting your privacy and complying with your choices. Both personal and non-personal information collected is safeguarded according to the highest privacy and data protection standards adopted worldwide. We have always had a robust and effective data protection program in place which complies with existing law and abides by the data protection principles. However, we recognise our obligations in updating and expanding this program to meet the demands of the GDPR and the South African POPI Act.
- Your information will not be shared, rented or sold to any third party.
- We use state-of-the-art security measures to protect your information from unauthorized users.
- We give you the possibility to control the information that you shared with us (opt-out).
Foster-Melliar Pty Ltd is committed to processing data in accordance with its responsibilities under the GDPR
Article 5 of the GDPR requires that personal data be:
- processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to individuals;
- collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes; further processing for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes shall not be considered to be incompatible with the initial purposes;
- adequate, relevant, and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed.
- accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date; every reasonable step must be taken to ensure that personal data that are inaccurate, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed, are erased or rectified without delay;
- kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processes, personal data may be stored for longer periods insofar as the personal data will be processed solely for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes subject to implementation of the appropriate technical and organizational measures required by the GDPR in order to safeguard the rights and freedoms of individuals; and
- processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organizational measures.
We will clearly inform you when information that personally identifies you (“personal information”) is asked for and you will have the choice to provide it or not. Generally, this information is requested when you subscribe to product updates, newsletters or other online services.
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide you information that will allow you to use our services
- To automatically customize your documents with your information
- To alert you of software upgrades, updates, discounts or other services from Foster-Melliar Pty Ltd
We collect your email when you book your training course or exam in order to send you informational communications about the course or exam. We also collect your email to send you our promotional offers.
We may also collect your name, language, company, contact number, area information for a better experience with Foster-Melliar products/services.
When you place your order/booking with us, we collect your email in order to send you confirmation of the booking as well as details of the training/exam and where the training/exam will take place. We also collect your phone number in order to contact you in case these emails bounce back or we need to find out why you not in the training or have arrived for your exam.
We also contact the phone number that is provided if we suspect that the cardholder’s credit card information has been compromised, i.e used in a fraudulent way.
We also use our clients’ email in order to notify of the release of updated versions of the training courses, new services or promotional offers.
When you provide your personal information, you consent that it can be used for the above purposes and that Foster-Melliar is an authorized holder of such information. If you choose not to register or provide personal information, you can still use our website, but you will not be able to receive additional services or access certain areas that require registration. When you activate your account, you are providing your consent to occasionally receive information from us. In each communication from us you will have the opportunity to unsubscribe from further communications; alternatively, you may contact us to express your choices at the address provided at the bottom of this page.
Access to your Information
You are entitled to review and update the personal information you have provided us and ensure that it is actuate and current at all times.
Foster-Melliar is strongly committed to protecting your information and ensuring that your choices are honoured. We have taken strong security measures to protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. All sensitive data is stored behind multiple firewalls on secure servers with restricted employee access.
We guarantee that all e-commerce transactions follow the latest security measures and use the best available technologies. Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology is employed when you place online orders or transmit sensitive information. SSL is on of the safest methods of passing information over the internet.
Retention of Information
You have the right to access your personal data and, if necessary, have it amended or deleted or restricted. In certain instances, you may have the right to the portability of your data. You can also ask us to not send marketing communications and not to use your personal data when carrying our profiling for direct marketing purposes. You can opt-out of receiving email newsletters and other marketing communications by following the opt-out instructions provided to you in those emails. Transactional account messages will be unaffected if you opt-out from marketing communications.
What we do with the information you share
Your information is never shared outside the company without your permission. Inside the company, data is stored behind multiple firewalls on secure servers with restricted user access.
When you register to our mailing list, you are asked to provide contact information, including a valid email address. We use this information to send you updates about Foster-Melliar, booking confirmations and information about our services.
How to Opt-Out
We provide users with the opportunity to opt-out from receiving updates on our products, newsletters and other communications from us. You can opt-out by clicking on the link provided in our electronic mailings or by contacting us at the address at the bottom of this page.
Changes to This Policy
If for some reason you believe Foster-Melliar has not adhered to these principles, please notify us and we will do our best to promptly make corrections.