Windows PowerShell Scripting and Tool Making
Windows Server Courses
This five-day instructor-led is intended for IT professionals who are interested in furthering their skills in Windows PowerShell and administrative automation. The course assumes a basic working knowledge of PowerShell as an interactive command-line shell, and teaches students the correct patterns and practices for building reusable, tightly scoped units of automation.
This course is intended for administrators in a Microsoft-centric environment who want to build reusable units of automation, automate business processes, and enable less-technical colleagues to accomplish administrative tasks.
Students should have at least two years of experience in the IT field and should have:
- Experience at basic Windows administration
- Experience using Windows PowerShell to query and modify system information
- Experience using Windows PowerShell to discover commands and their usage
- Experience using WMI and/or CIM to query system information
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the correct patterns for building modularized tools in Windows PowerShell
- Build highly modularized functions that comply with native PowerShell patterns
- Build controller scripts that expose user interfaces and automate business processes
- Manage data in a variety of formats
- Write automated tests for tools
- Debug tools
Download Fact Sheet
To Download course fact sheet, click on the button below to view a extensive overview and breakdown of course requirements, duration and examinations.
Schedule & Booking
If you would like more information on our upcoming training schedules, please click the Enquire Now button below and our friendly support staff will get back to you shortly.