Networking with Windows Server
MCSA: Windows Server 2016
This 5-day classroom-based course provides the basic networking skills needed to deploy and support Windows Server 2016 in most organizations. It covers IP fundamentals, remote access technologies, and more advanced content including Software Defined Networking.
This audience would typically include:
- Network administrators who are looking to gain new skills and learn about new networking technology changes and features in Windows Server 2016.
- System or Infrastructure Administrators with general networking knowledge who are looking to gain core and advanced networking knowledge and skills on Windows Server 2016.
The secondary audience for this course is those IT professionals who are looking to take the MCSA 70-741: Networking with Windows Server 2016 exam.
In addition to professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- Experience working with Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012
- Experience working in a Windows Server infrastructure enterprise environment
- Knowledge of the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) model
- Understanding of core networking infrastructure components and technologies such as cabling, routers, hubs, and switches
- Familiarity with networking topologies and architectures such as local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs) and wireless networking
- Some basic knowledge of the TCP / IP protocol stack, addressing and name resolution
- Experience with and knowledge of Hyper-V and virtualization
- Hands-on experience working with Windows client operating systems as Windows 8.1 or Windows 10
- Students can meet the prerequisites by attending the following courses, or by having knowledge and skills equivalent to: 10967A: Fundamentals of a Windows Server Infrastructure.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Plan and implement to IPv4 network.
- Implement Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
- Implement IPv6.
- Implement Domain Name System (DNS).
- Implement and manage IP address management (IPAM).
- Plan for remote access.
- Implement DirectAccess.
- Implement virtual private networks (VPNs).
- Implement networking for branch offices.
- Configure advanced networking features.
- Implement Software Defined Networking.
Download Fact Sheet
To Download course fact sheet, click on the button below to view a extensive overview and breakdown of course requirements, duration and examinations.
Schedule & Booking
To view all upcoming events for the current course, please view the list below. If you would like to attend any of the training schedules, please click the Book Now button and complete the form to register.
The list below shows all the upcoming course training dates in the same category: