Managing Windows Environments with Group Policy
Windows Server Courses
In this course, you will learn how to reduce costs and increase efficiency in your network. You will discover how to consolidate the administration of an enterprise IT infrastructure with Group Policy, and you will learn to control and manage computer systems and domain users running Windows Server and Windows clients. Create Group Policies, implement administrative and security templates, and determine best practices when deploying software packages. Walk away with the experience and tools needed to optimize your enterprise systems and networks. Implement administrative and security templates, and determine best practices when deploying software packages. Walk away with the experience and tools needed to optimize your enterprise systems and networks.
This course is intended for Enterprise network staff responsible for help desk support, system administration, and network design.
Students should have at least two years of experience in the IT field and should have:
- Experience with the Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012 environments and a fundamental understanding of Active Directory.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Features and functions of Group Policy
- Use Group Policy management tools to manage security policies
- Design a Group Policy infrastructure
- Group Policy processing architecture
- Back up, restore, import, and copy Group Policy Objects through the Group Policy
- Management Console
- Use Windows PowerShell to manage Group Policy
- Implement security using Group Policy
- Configure the desktop environment with Group Policy
- Configure roaming profiles and Folder Redirection
- Assign and publish software packages
- Implement AppLocker and software restriction policies
- Create and deploy Administrative Templates
- Configure Group Policy preferences
Download Fact Sheet
To Download course fact sheet, click on the button below to view a extensive overview and breakdown of course requirements, duration and examinations.
Schedule & Booking
If you would like more information on our upcoming training schedules, please click the Enquire Now button below and our friendly support staff will get back to you shortly.