Identity with Windows Server
MCSA: Windows Server 2016
This five-day instructor-led course teaches IT Pros how to deploy and configure Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) in a distributed environment, how to implement Group Policy, how to perform backup and restore, and how to monitor and Troubleshoot Active Directory related issues with Windows Server 2016. Additionally, this course teaches how to deploy other Active Directory server roles as Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS) and Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS).
This is typically including:
- AD DS administrators who are looking for identity and access technologies with Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016.
- System or infrastructure administrators with general AD DS experience and knowledge who are looking to cross-train core and advanced identity and access technologies in Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016.
The secondary audience for this course includes IT professionals who are looking to consolidate their knowledge about AD DS and related technologies, in addition to IT professionals who want to prepare for the 70-742 exam.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Some Exposure to and Experience with AD DS Concepts and Technologies in Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016.
- Experience working with and configuring Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016
- Experience and understanding of core networking technologies as IP addressing, name resolution, and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
- Experience working with and understanding Microsoft Hyper-V and basic server virtualization concepts.
- An awareness of basic security best practices.
- Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10, Windows 7 operating systems.
- Basic experience with the Windows PowerShell command-line interface.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Install and configure domain controllers.
- Manage objects in AD DS by using graphical tools and Windows PowerShell.
- Implement AD DS in complex environments.
- Implement AD DS sites, and configure and manage replication.
- Implement and manage Group Policy Objects (GPOs).
- Manage user settings by using GPOs.
- Secure AD DS and user accounts.
- Implement and manage a certificate authority (CA) hierarchy with AD CS.
- Deploy and manage certificates.
- Implement and administer AD FS.
- Implement and Administer Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS).
- Implement synchronization between AD DS and Azure AD.
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and establish business continuity for AD DS services.
Download Fact Sheet
To Download course fact sheet, click on the button below to view a extensive overview and breakdown of course requirements, duration and examinations.
Schedule & Booking
To view all upcoming events for the current course, please view the list below. If you would like to attend any of the training schedules, please click the Book Now button and complete the form to register.
The list below shows all the upcoming course training dates in the same category: