Deploying Windows Desktops and Enterprise Applications
This five-day course describes how to assess operating system and application deployment options, determine the most appropriate deployment strategy, and then implement a deployment solution for Windows devices and apps that meets your environment’s needs. Solutions that this course details include operating system deployment scenarios ranging from high-touch solutions to zero-touch solutions. It also discusses the technologies that you use to implement these solutions, including the MDT and Configuration Manager.
This five-day course is for IT professionals who deploy, manage, and maintain PCs, devices, and apps across medium, large, and enterprise organizations. Typically, this course’s audience has a desktop-support background, and have worked as Enterprise Desktop Administrators. A significant portion of this audience uses or intends to use Configuration Manager to manage and deploy PCs, devices, and enterprise applications.
The Enterprise Desktop Administrator also might use several tools, including the Windows ADK and the MDT to support assessment, operating system, and application deployment tasks. Additionally, this course is for individuals who are interested in taking the MCSE exam 70-695: Deploying Windows Desktops and Enterprise Applications.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- System administrator–level working knowledge of: Networking fundamentals, including common networking protocols, topologies, hardware, media, routing, switching, and addressing.
- Microsoft Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles and fundamentals of AD DS management.
- Installation, configuration, and troubleshooting for Windows-based personal computers.
- Basic concepts of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) security.
- Basic understanding of scripting and Windows PowerShell syntax.
- Basic understanding of Windows Server roles and services.
- Basic understanding of the management tasks that you can perform by using Configuration Manager.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Assess the network environment to support operating system and application deployment tasks.
- Identify the most appropriate operating system deployment strategy based upon organizational requirements.
- Assess application compatibility issues and identify mitigation solutions to ensure that applications function successfully after an operating system deployment.
- Describe and configure strategies to migrate user state during operating system deployments.
- Determine the most appropriate image management strategy to support operating system and application deployments.
- Describe and use the tools provided in the Windows ADK to prepare for and support automated deployment strategies.
- Identify solutions to support PXE-initiated and multicast solutions when performing operating system deployment tasks.
- Configure an operating system deployment strategy by using the MDT.
- Configure an operating system deployment strategy using Configuration Manager.
- Integrate the MDT with Configuration Manager to support operating system deployment procedures.
- Implement volume license activation and configuration settings for client computers.
- Customize and deploy Microsoft Office 2016 to an enterprise network environment, and describe how to use the Windows ICD.
Download Fact Sheet
To Download course fact sheet, click on the button below to view a extensive overview and breakdown of course requirements, duration and examinations.
Schedule & Booking
To view all upcoming events for the current course, please view the list below. If you would like to attend any of the training schedules, please click the Book Now button and complete the form to register.
The list below shows all the upcoming course training dates in the same category: