About this course:
CompTIA Security+ is the certification globally trusted to validate foundational, vendor-neutral IT security knowledge and skills. As a benchmark for best practices in IT security, this certification covers the essential principles for network security and risk management – making it an important stepping stone of an IT security career.
This course will further benefit delegates in two ways. If delegates intend to pass the CompTIA Security+ (Exam SY0-501) certification examination, this course can be a significant part of your preparation. But certification is not the only key to professional success in the field of computer security. Today’s job market demands individuals with demonstrable skills, and the information and activities in this course will help delegates build your computer security skill-set so that you can confidently perform your duties in any security-related role.
This course is targeted toward the information technology (IT) professional who has networking and administrative skills in Windows-based Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) networks; familiarity with other operating systems, such as MacOS, Unix, or Linux; and who wants to further a career in IT by acquiring foundational knowledge of security topics; preparing for the CompTIA Security+ certification examination; or using Security+ as the foundation for advanced security certifications or career roles.
At Course Completion:
After completing this course, delegates will have a thorough understanding of:
- Identify the fundamental components of information security
- Analyze risk
- Identify various threats to information security
- Conduct security assessments to detect vulnerabilities
- Implement security for hosts and software
- Implement security for networks
- Manage identity and access
- Implement cryptographic solutions in the organization
- Implement security at the operational level
- Address security incident
- Ensure the continuity of business operations in the event of an incident
Before attending this course delegates should possess basic Windows user skills and a fundamental understanding of computer and networking concepts. Additionally, delegates should have:
- Either attended the CompTIA Network+ course, or have equivalent knowledge or;
- Have a minimum of two years of technical networking experience, with an emphasis on security