About this course:
The CompTIA Network+ is a vendor neutral networking certification that is trusted around the world. It validates the essential knowledge and skills needed to confidently troubleshooting, configure, or maintenance of a wired and wireless network. The Network+ performance based course will help delegates pave their way onto a career in IT Infrastructure and Security. Attending the Network+ course will also assist delegates in preparation for the CompTIA Network+ examination.
This course is intended for IT professionals with a basic knowledge of computer hardware, software, and operating systems who wish to increase their knowledge and understanding of networking concepts and acquire the required skills to prepare for a career in network support or administration, or who wish to prepare for the CompTIA Network+ certification (Exam N10-007).
At Course Completion:
In this course, delegates will describe the major networking technologies and systems of modern networks, and configure, manage, and troubleshoot modern networks. In addition, delegates will be able to:
- Identify basic network theory concepts and major network communications methods
- Describe bounded network media
- Describe unbounded network media
- Identify the major types of network implementations
- Identify TCP/IP addressing and data delivery methods
- Analyse routing and switching technologies
- Identify the components of a TCP/IP implementation
- Analyse network security
- Implement network security
- Identify the components of a WAN implementation.
- Identify the components used in cloud computing and virtualization
- Identify the components of a remote network implementation
- Manage networks
- Troubleshoot network issues
Before attending this course, delegates must:
- Hold the CompTIA A+ certification or;
- Have at least 9 to 12 months of networking experience