DASA DevOps Fundamentals (3 days)
Up to 200 times faster software deployment, 30 times increased deployment frequency, and 60 times higher change success rates. The data doesn’t lie. Organizations such as Netflix, Spotify and Facebook are transforming IT by successfully implementing DevOps principles. But you don't have to be a hot internet company or a gigantic enterprise to be a DevOps leader. Companies large and small, young and old, have magnificently made the transition and have the proof of success in their pockets.
DevOps training is the starting point for an organization going on the DevOps journey. Improved workflows and faster deployment start with a core understanding of DevOps fundamental concepts by anyone involved in an agile and/or DevOps team. The 3-day DevOps Fundamentals course provides an extensive introduction to the core Agile DevOps principles covering the essential knowledge and skill competencies that have been defined by the DevOps Agile Skills Association (DASA).
This course is designed to provide the core education necessary to build your DevOps vocabulary and to understand its principles and practices. With the help of key DevOps concepts and terminology, real-life case studies, examples and interactive group discussions and extensive exercises in each module you will acquire a fundamental understanding of DevOps.
Individuals involved in IT development, IT operations or IT service management. Individuals whose role is touched by DevOps and continuous delivery, such as the following IT roles:
- DevOps engineers
- Product owners
- Integration specialists
- Operations managers
- Incident & change managers
- System administrators
- Business managers
- Automation architects
- Enterprise architects
Basic familiarity with agile, scrum, lean and ITSM principles is beneficial.
At Course Completion
Individuals certified at the DevOps Fundamentals level will have demonstrated their knowledge and understanding of the following:
- Know the emergence of DevOps
- Know the core concepts & principles of DevOps
- Know what DevOps means for you as professional and for your organization
- Know the essence of a DevOps culture o Understand the key elements of a DevOps culture
- Know the important aspects when creating a DevOps culture
- Know the Operational models of DevOps o Understand the need for autonomous teams
- Understand the impact of DevOps on Architecture with respect to deployment
- Understand governance within DevOps teams
Processes to Understand Agile, Scrum and Kanban and how these practices relate to one another
- Understand how ITSM processes relate to practices in a DevOps culture Understand how lean is used to optimise processes
- Know how to provide a Value Stream Map for a given process
- Understand the way to harvest new and innovative ideas
- Know the impact of automation on Software Delivery processes
- Understand the benefits and core principles of Continuous Delivery
- Describe the key cloud principles for DevOps organisations
Measurement & Improvement
- Know the relevance of monitoring and logging DevOps
This course will help you understand:
- Why organizations are adopting “Need to adopt” DevOps practices from both the business and IT perspectives
- How to answer the question ‘What is DevOps?’
- DevOps values and principles
- How DevOps interfaces with other frameworks such as agile, lean and ITSM service management
- The characteristics of a DevOps culture
- DevOps organizational considerations including DevOps roles, teams and organizational structures
- Key DevOps practices
- Common DevOps automation practices and tools categories
- How to adopt a DevOps Culture
Download Fact Sheet
To Download course fact sheet, click on the button below to view a extensive overview and breakdown of course requirements, duration and examinations.
View e-Learning Demo
To View course demo, click on the button below to view a demo of the course and see it in action first-hand.
Schedule & Booking
To view all upcoming events for the current course, please view the list below. If you would like to attend any of the training schedules, please click the Book Now button and complete the form to register.
The list below shows all the upcoming course training dates in the same category: