The COBIT® 5 Foundation course is an interactive, classroom-based learning experience. Participants learn about the need for an IT governance framework and how COBIT addresses this need by providing the latest insights into enterprise-wide governance of IT. This course explains the elements and supporting materials of the COBIT framework, using a logical and example-driven approach for anyone interested in obtaining COBIT foundation level knowledge. COBIT 5 Foundation is the first step to enrol into COBIT 5 Implementation and COBIT 5 Assessor. The COBIT 5 Foundation exam is a prerequisite to attaining the COBIT 5 Implementation and COBIT 5 Assessor exams.
COBIT 5 provides the next generation of ISACA’s guidance on the enterprise governance and management of IT. It builds on more than 15 years of practical usage and application of COBIT by many enterprises and users from business, IT, risk, security and assurance communities. Today, more than ever, information and related technologies need to be governed, managed and operated in a holistic manner—with a single, integrated process model that provides end-to-end coverage of the roles, responsibilities and practices required.
COBIT 5 provides a comprehensive framework that assists enterprises in achieving their objectives for the governance and management of enterprise IT. It helps enterprises create optimal value from IT by maintaining a balance between realizing benefits and optimizing risk levels and resource use. COBIT 5 enables IT to be governed and managed in a holistic manner for the entire enterprise, taking in both the full end-to-end business and IT functional areas of responsibility, while considering the IT-related interests of internal and external stakeholders. COBIT 5 is generic, and is useful for enterprises of all sizes; whether commercial, not-for-profit or in the public sector.
A wide range of business managers, IT management consultants, IT governance professionals, and auditors who wish to gain a better understanding of COBIT 5 and what the framework can provide their organization.
There are no formal prerequisites. However, it is recommended that you have experience in the IT governance domain.
At Course Completion
At the end of this course, participants will gain competencies in:
- Key challenges of using IT
- IT governance concepts and benefits
- COBIT 5 framework, principles, and enablers
- Relationship between stakeholder needs and governance
- Implementation approach for the use of COBIT 5
- Structure of COBIT 5 process reference model
- Governance and management domains
- Components of COBIT 5 processes
- Need for capability assessments
- COBIT 5 ISO/IEC 15504 approach
- Application of COBIT 4 maturity model approach with COBIT 5
- Other COBIT 5 enablers for IT governance and management
At the end of this course, participants will enjoy these benefits:
- Master COBIT 5 at a foundation level
- Interact and learn from peers in this intensive, group-learning exercise
- Apply COBIT in their day-to-day practice
- The course is a steppingstone for the COBIT Implementation Methodology course, as well as other COBIT 5 courses
Download Fact Sheet
To Download course fact sheet, click on the button below to view a extensive overview and breakdown of course requirements, duration and examinations.
View e-Learning Demo
To View course demo, click on the button below to view a demo of the course and see it in action first-hand.
Schedule & Booking
If you would like more information on our upcoming training schedules, please click the Enquire Now button below and our friendly support staff will get back to you shortly.