In the COBIT 5 Assessor course participants will master the understanding of how to perform a formal Process Capability Assessment and how it can be used to enable business goals, prioritize improvement activities and identify opportunities for improving the governance and management of IT assets.
The course provides the basis for assessing an enterprise’s process capabilities against the COBIT 5 Process Reference Model (PRM). Evidence-based to enable a reliable, consistent and repeatable way to assess IT process capabilities, this model helps IT leaders gain C-level and board member buy-in for change and improvement initiatives.
Assessment results provide a determination of process capability. They can be used for process improvement, delivering value to the business, measuring the achievement of current or projected business goals, benchmarking, consistent reporting and organizational compliance. The course is supported by practical exercises and engaging case-based scenarios.
A successful practitioner candidate will be able to become an assessor or a lead assessor and apply for full ISACA certification if they can supply further proof of the competences required by ISACA.
COBIT 5 provides the next generation of ISACA’s guidance on the enterprise governance and management of IT. It builds on more than 15 years of practical usage and application of COBIT by many enterprises and users from business, IT, risk, security and assurance communities. Today, more than ever, information and related technologies need to be governed, managed and operated in a holistic manner—with a single, integrated process model that provides end-to-end coverage of the roles, responsibilities and practices required.
COBIT 5 provides a comprehensive framework that assists enterprises in achieving their objectives for the governance and management of enterprise IT. It helps enterprises create optimal value from IT by maintaining a balance between realizing benefits and optimizing risk levels and resource use.
COBIT 5 enables IT to be governed and managed in a holistic manner for the entire enterprise, taking in both the full end-to-end business and IT functional areas of responsibility, while considering the IT-related interests of internal and external stakeholders. COBIT 5 is generic, and is useful for enterprises of all sizes; whether commercial, not-for-profit or in the public sector.
Successful Completion of the COBIT 5 Foundation Exam.
At Course Completion
At the end of this course, participants will gain competencies in:
- How to perform a process capability assessment using the Assessor Guide / COBIT 5
- How to apply the Process Assessment Model (The PAM) in performing a process capability assessment
- To use the Process Reference Model, in particular to be able to use the 37 processes outlined in the PRM
- To apply and analyse the measurement model in assessing process capability levels
- To apply and analyse the capability dimension using generic criteria outlined in the PAM
- How to identify and assess the roles and responsibilities in the process capability assessment process
- How to perform and assess the 7 steps outlined in the Assessor Guide
- Initiate a process assessment
- Scope an assessment, using the tools provided and the PAM for the selection of the appropriate processes
- Plan and brief the teams
- Collect and validate the data
- Do a process attribute rating
- Report the findings of the assessment
- How to use the self-assessment guide
Download Fact Sheet
To Download course fact sheet, click on the button below to view a extensive overview and breakdown of course requirements, duration and examinations.
View e-Learning Demo
To View course demo, click on the button below to view a demo of the course and see it in action first-hand.
Schedule & Booking
If you would like more information on our upcoming training schedules, please click the Enquire Now button below and our friendly support staff will get back to you shortly.